[Tutorial] How to Take Figure Photography Similar a Pro

Hello in that location! I'yard Tokyo Otaku Fashion's cameraman, Hara.
I'one thousand in charge of product photography for TOM's shop..

This may exist sudden, but don't y'all desire to take incredible photos of your favorite figures?
Don't you desire to capture your love for them?

Actually, I took this ↑ photograph of Kao-chan (*Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso*).
I didn't use any special equipment or hard skills.
If you read this whole article, you lot'll be able to take pictures but like this!

These are the only tools I used.

ane. Why exercise People Take Photos of Figures?

Love.

ii. First Up, Preparation

Cloth? Penholder? Mirror..? (I got these at a 100 yen shop)

I'll exist using a Nikon D610, but the truth is, any camera will exercise.
That includes an iPhone. All you demand is love.

Indirect lighting...? You can observe indirect mood lighting in your own home.

I'll be getting help from my junior, Sou-kun. He's effectually 2 meters all.
He tin exist scary when he'southward aroused, so I always attempt to gauge his mood when I talk to him.
I was worried this fourth dimension, besides, but when I asked him to help me have photos for the blog, he said 'alright.'

Opening Kao-chan's box! My middle's pounding!

Staring at each other. A steady stare. This is the about important thing for photography.

Then, without realizing it, I smiled! Sou-kun kept communicable me smiling.

I started remembering unlike scenes and ended up crying.
"Kao-chaaaannnnn…."
Sou-kun said angrily (maybe merely a flake), "Hara-san, please hurry up. I'm busy."

I couldn't hear him. I was too caught upward with Kao-chan.

3. Camera Settings and Lighting

You lot don't necessarily have to take photographs manually, but in this case, I did.
Any settings for A (Aperture Priority Machine), Southward (Shutter Priority Motorcar), and P(Programme Auto) is fine.

I took pictures as .RAW, just .jpeg works, too!

Next upwardly is lighting. Y'all don't need special strobe lights. It's fine to use indirect lighting or stand up lights y'all can find at home! If the light comes from backside Kao-chan, information technology lights up her back and adds highlights to her hair.

If it hits her from the forepart, information technology adds a natural await, and brightens her face. Lighting isn't too hard - simply watch how information technology behaves. Look with your own eyes and highlight what yous call up looks best. I chose to bring light in from behind her.

Since it's coming in from the back, it adds a shadow to her face. When that happens, it's time for the mirror.

By reflecting light using the mirror, we tin light up Kao-chan's face. The manner you reflect the light will change the overall scene, so play with the mirror's placement and detect what yous recall looks best. Some spots will make it polish. Other spots will soften it.

4. A Serious (and Genius) Pro

I had a hard time deciding on the groundwork, and so I took the easy mode out - Google! Looking stuff up with Kao-chan. We searched for 'Sakura Fair Use'.

When you call up 'Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso,' you lot think cherry blossoms. If information technology's Kao-chan, it's scarlet blossoms.I finally establish a suitable background for her.

I used the cloth to add together height...

Adding light...

I brightened her face with the mirror...

And the photoshoot begins! The well-nigh important matter is putting your heart into it when you printing that button. It can really alter the photo.

These 2 photos aren't edited. Using editing software, I tried to bring out Kao-chan's sweet side.

five. Tried some iPhone Photography, Too

Like I said before, whatever camera works, then I tried taking photos with an iPhone, besides.

This is an iPhone photo. It has an incredible photographic camera!!

vi. Summary

So, what'd you think? Having been a professional photographer for sixteen years, I've heard how hard it is many times. I always say, though, that all you need to do is think to yourself, 'It's not hard!' and 'I desire to take pictures!'. You don't need special equipment, either, and you don't have to use difficult techniques. You simply photograph based on what you meet and how you feel.

I hope someone out there reads this and things, 'I might try taking some photos'!

See yous again before long!

  • Action Figures
  • Bishoujo Figures
  • Figures
  • How to
  • Involvement
  • Your Lie in Apr